Forum: NGINX Ignore (or clear) too long cookie ?

Olivier B. (Guest)
Hello,

is there a way witch NginX to ignore or delete a too long cookie ?
(which produce a return 400 Bad Request)

Thanks,
Olivier
Jim O. (Guest)
Josh Turmel (@JT) (Guest)
Olivier B. <nginx.list@...> writes:

> Hello,
>
> is there a way witch NginX to ignore or delete a too long cookie ?
> (which produce a return 400 Bad Request)
>
> Thanks,
> Olivier

Adjust your client_header_buffer_size.

Josh
Olivier B. (Guest)
Thanks, but this only allow to increase the limit... is there another
way ?

I would like to avoid this sort of "cookie injection" :
http://sirdarckcat.blogspot.com/2009/04/how-to-use...
So I can't really know the size of the cookie.

Olivier

Jim O. a écrit :
Igor S. (Guest)
On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 03:44:44PM +0000, Josh Turmel (@JT) wrote:

> Adjust your client_header_buffer_size.

It's better to increase large_client_header_buffers.
They were specially created for large headers.