Forum: Ruby spicycode-rcov binaries for windows machine

Tamil R. (Guest)
on 2009-05-22 18:23
hi, I am (sadly) PC user and i would like to get spicycode-rcov working
for cucumber and selenium. I could not compile and install
spicycode-rcov since i dont have nmake.exe and cl.exe which is only part
of visula studio.

I tried installing Visual Studio 2008 and that spitted out the below
error.

"MSC version unmatch"

It looks like  some version mismatch between compiler that was required
and the one that I tried with.

Could someone help me with this please???
Roderick v. (Guest)
on 2009-05-22 19:58
Tamil R. wrote:
> I tried installing Visual Studio 2008 and that spitted out the below
> error.
>
> "MSC version unmatch"
>
> It looks like  some version mismatch between compiler that was required
> and the one that I tried with.

Most Ruby binaries on Windows are still compiled with Visual Studio 6.0.

--
Roderick van Domburg
http://www.nedforce.com

Roderick van Domburg wrote:
> Tamil R. wrote:
>> I tried installing Visual Studio 2008 and that spitted out the below
>> error.
>>
>> "MSC version unmatch"
>>
>> It looks like  some version mismatch between compiler that was required
>> and the one that I tried with.
>
> Most Ruby binaries on Windows are still compiled with Visual Studio 6.0.
>
> --
> Roderick van Domburg
> http://www.nedforce.com
Luis L. (Guest)
On May 27, 11:48 am, Tamil R. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Thanks Roderick!!
> Finally i switched to cygwin platform on DOS. though, I am facing some
> issues, i can have them working in few days!! thanks for your answer.

Why you don't switch to MinGW based Ruby?

That is going to be the replacement for VC6 version:

http://blog.mmediasys.com/2009/05/05/rubyinstaller...
http://blog.mmediasys.com/2009/05/17/rubyinstaller...

Download 7zip packages, including the developer kit and follow the
instructions.

Then update rb-readline:

http://blog.mmediasys.com/2009/05/19/pure-ruby-rea...

You can get rcov compiled just by gem install :-)

HTH,