Forum: NGINX ignore 411 errors

Joe W. (Guest)
Is there anyway to ignore 411 errors? I am trying to proxy requests to
an upstream server and would like that server to deal with the 411's
rather than nginx. Is this possible?

Thanks.

-Joe
Delta Y. (Guest)
hmm, maybe you can use custom error page.

2009/5/22 Joe W. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Igor S. (Guest)
On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 06:46:14PM -0700, Joe W. wrote:

> Is there anyway to ignore 411 errors? I am trying to proxy requests to
> an upstream server and would like that server to deal with the 411's
> rather than nginx. Is this possible?

No, currently nginx can not proxy a chunked body.
Joe W. (Guest)
Is there any plan for this in the future?

-Joe
Igor S. (Guest)
On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 08:05:51AM -0700, Joe W. wrote:

> Is there any plan for this in the future?

Yes, there is a plan
1) to support chunked request body
2) and to proxy request body without buffering
Joe W. (Guest)
Great! Thanks for the info, if it makes a difference I vote +1 for this.
:)

-Joe