Forum: Ruby creating a zip file using rubyzip

Mongeta 9. (Guest)
on 2009-05-21 22:28
I'm trying to create a zip file, but I'm getting an error saying the
file doesn't exist, but it exists, as shown in the code.

Any clues ?

I think the permissions are OK, as everyboday can read it ...

maybe there's another way to create a zip file ...

thanks,

r.

require "rubygems"
 require 'zip/zip'
 require 'zip/zipfilesystem'

 file_path =
"/Users/montx/Documents/Ruby/codi/scanns/download/bs_promotors/masivo_prestamos_20090521.txt"
 file_zip="/Users/montx/Documents/Ruby/codi/scanns/download/bs_promotors/masivo_prestamos_20090521.zip"

 EXAMPLE_ZIP=file_zip
 Zip::ZipFile.open(EXAMPLE_ZIP, Zip::ZipFile::CREATE) { |zf|

   puts "File ready to zip" if File.exists?(file_path)

  puts zf.file.read(file_path)
}

output:
File ready to zip
Errno::ENOENT: No such file or directory -
Users/montx/Documents/Ruby/codi/scanns/download/bs_promotors/masivo_prestamos_20090521.txt

method get_entry  in zip.rb at line 1515
method get_input_stream  in zip.rb at line 1411
method read  in zip.rb at line 1435
method read  in zipfilesystem.rb at line 562
method read  in zipfilesystem.rb at line 383
at top level  in untitled at line 16
method open  in zip.rb at line 1382
at top level  in untitled at line 11
copy output
Program exited with code #1 after 0.16 seconds.
Brian C. (Guest)
on 2009-05-21 23:49
Raimon Fs wrote:
>   puts zf.file.read(file_path)

This is asking to read a file out of the zip file - and as it says,
there is no such file, as you've only just created the empty zip file.
Mongeta 9. (Guest)
on 2009-05-22 01:31
Brian C. wrote:
> Raimon Fs wrote:
>>   puts zf.file.read(file_path)
>
> This is asking to read a file out of the zip file - and as it says,
> there is no such file, as you've only just created the empty zip file.

yes, you're right, I thought it was reading the file and at the same
time adding it ...

In the documentation I have found .add

add(entry, srcPath, &continueOnExistsProc)

and now works ....

thanks,

r.