Forum: Ruby on Rails pass hidden field to the controller

Prabesh S. (Guest)
How do I get the value form the hidden field and pass it to the
controller?Also how do I get the value in the controller.
Andrew T. (Guest)
On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 4:30 PM, prabesh shrestha
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> How do I get the value form the hidden field and pass it to the
> controller?Also how do I get the value in the controller.

If you include a hidden field in a form, you can access it from params
in the controller

so, if you have the following in the view
hidden_field_tag 'field_name', 'value'

You can get it in the controller as
params[:field_name]

Andrew T.