Forum: Ruby on Rails Is it possible?

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
Abhishek shukla (Guest)
on 2009-05-21 18:08
(Received via mailing list)
Hello G.s,
I have a requirement in which a cron will run everyday and a rake file
will
execute along with rake file i need to javascript function so just
wanted to
know is there any way i can run a javascript.

Regards
Abhishek S.
bill walton (Guest)
on 2009-05-21 20:10
(Received via mailing list)
Helloo Abhishek,

On Thu, 2009-05-21 at 19:37 +0530, Abhishek shukla wrote:
> Hello G.s,
> I have a requirement in which a cron will run everyday and a rake file
> will execute along with rake file i need to javascript function so
> just wanted to know is there any way i can run a javascript.

Cron and rake are server-side tools.  Javascript runs in the browser.
You can't, AFAIK, run Javascript from the server.  What is it, exactly,
that you think you need Javascript to do?

Best regards.
Bill
Conrad T. (Guest)
on 2009-05-21 20:25
(Received via mailing list)
On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 9:10 AM, bill walton 
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> You can't, AFAIK, run Javascript from the server.  What is it, exactly,
> that you think you need Javascript to do?
>
> Best regards.
> Bill
>

You want to take a look at what the guys did over at Aptana:

http://ejohn.org/blog/server-side-javascript-with-jaxer
http://www.aptana.com/jaxer

Good luck,

-Conrad
E. Litwin (Guest)
on 2009-05-21 22:22
(Received via mailing list)
Is there any reason you can't convert the javascript to Ruby?
Abhishek shukla (Guest)
on 2009-05-22 17:57
(Received via mailing list)
Hello Bill,
Basically i am calling a third party javascript api after a signup
action.
And we have a monthly renewal of account as well which execute through a
rake command and even that time i'll need to run this Javascript api :(
Hassan S. (Guest)
on 2009-05-22 19:05
(Received via mailing list)
On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 6:56 AM, Abhishek shukla 
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> Basically i am calling a third party javascript api after a signup action.
> And we have a monthly renewal of account as well which execute through a
> rake command and even that time i'll need to run this Javascript api :(

You don't "run" an api.

What action is being invoked, and where is it supposed to take place?

--
Hassan S. ------------------------ removed_email_address@domain.invalid
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.