Forum: Ruby on Rails sub-totals in tables

John S. (Guest)
on 2009-05-19 17:57
How can I get sub-totalling in tables?

I have an ActiveResource model which gets it's data from a legacy
Windows app via REST. The records are ordered by date. I need to display
subtotals by week number. It looks like I'll have to code something,
which isn't a problem, but this is such a common pattern someone must
have done something before me.

Any clues?

John S.
Julian L. (Guest)
s.net> wrote:

> Any clues?
>
> John S.
> --

Can't you simply group them then use the sum rails Enumerable method?

Blog: http://random8.zenunit.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/random8r
Learn: http://sensei.zenunit.com/
New video up now at http://sensei.zenunit.com/ real fastcgi rails
deploy process! Check it out now!
E. Litwin (Guest)
Have you looked at the group_by method of Enumerable?

"Collect an enumerable into sets, grouped by the result of a block.
Useful, for example, for grouping records by date."

On May 19, 6:57 am, John S. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>