Forum: Ruby on Rails Installing rmagick - failed

(Guest)
Downloaded the latest rmagic, typed in sudo gem install rmagick, and
got some failures:

checking for Magick-config... no
Can't install RMagick 2.9.2. Can't find Magick-config in /usr/local/
bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/mysql/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/
sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11/bin

Anyone have any idea? I want to install on OSX, not super familiar
with installing gems.

Thanks!
Frederick C. (Guest)
On May 19, 6:47 am, "removed_email_address@domain.invalid"
> Downloaded the latest rmagic, typed in sudo gem install rmagick, and
> got some failures:

Do you have imagemagick installed ?(one of the easier ways is to
install it via macports)

Fred
(Guest)
I'm not sure.. I have no idea.  Hhow would I check?

I've tried looking up for a while but can't find anything. Hivelogic
has a good tutorial, but none of the zip files are working.
Frederick C. (Guest)
On May 20, 7:27 am, "removed_email_address@domain.invalid"
> I'm not sure.. I have no idea.  Hhow would I check?

If you don't remember doing it then you almost certainly haven't done
it. On a mac I usually install Imagemagick via macports.

Fred
Charles J. (Guest)
On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 1:27 AM, removed_email_address@domain.invalid

> I'm not sure.. I have no idea.  Hhow would I check?
>
> I've tried looking up for a while but can't find anything. Hivelogic
> has a good tutorial, but none of the zip files are working.

When you say none of the zip files are working, what do you mean
exactly.
Are you getting compile errors?

Cheers--

Charles
Tim H. (Guest)
> Downloaded the latest rmagic, typed in sudo gem install rmagick, and
> got some failures:
>
> checking for Magick-config... no
> Can't install RMagick 2.9.2. Can't find Magick-config in /usr/local/
> bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/mysql/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/
> sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11/bin
>

> Anyone have any idea? I want to install on OSX, not super familiar
> with installing gems.
>

> Thanks!

"How do I install RMagick on OS X?"

http://rmagick.rubyforge.org/install-faq.html#osx