Forum: GNU Radio Fwd: Re: USRP1 USB I/F failure & repair

Ryan Seal (Guest)
On Mon, 18 May 2009 19:26:58 -0400, Marcus D. Leech
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

>> Has anyone else seen this failure mode?
> The other type are GDTs, which fail open.  But they don't fail very
> often.

I used to work on power supplies some time ago. We had one particular
version with ESD protection on the output. They failed quite often, and
yes, they do short when they fail. I was never convinced that the
devices
actually failed due to ESD, but more likely faulty manufacturing
process.

Ryan