Forum: Ruby on Rails uploading powerpoint file

Ghazaleh M. (Guest)
on 2009-05-17 20:11
hi
i want to put the ability tu upload a powerpoint file in my website
where can i learn that?
Franco C. (Guest)
You can do this "by hand" or with a plugin. I recomend the last
option, one that work well (for me) is the attachment_fu plugin
(http://github.com/technoweenie/attachment_fu/tree/master).

Regards.

Franco C..

On May 17, 1:11 pm, Ghazaleh M. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Steve Shepherd (Guest)
There is another option called scribed.com
There is a plugin also .
Allows you to upload and then view in your page.
fRAnKEnSTEin (Guest)
hi there,

Instead of using "attachment_fu plugin" you can try paperclip. It's a
nice way to upload files. Here is a complete video tutotial of how to
use it:

http://railscasts.com/episodes/134-paperclip

Cheers
Ghazaleh M. (Guest)
on 2009-05-20 14:44
fRAnKEnSTEin wrote:
> hi there,
>
> Instead of using "attachment_fu plugin" you can try paperclip. It's a
> nice way to upload files. Here is a complete video tutotial of how to
> use it:
>
> http://railscasts.com/episodes/134-paperclip
>
> Cheers

unfortunatly i can't install paperclip it says plugins not found!