Forum: Ruby on Rails action mailer on my local computer

firelinemx (Guest)
hi guys
i am newbie in ror. i wanna test my simple ror application on windows
xp. i use Webrick as my web server.
i don't know how to configure my action mailer for sending email to
another addresses?

config.action_mailer.delivery_method = :smtp
config.action_mailer.smtp_settings = {
  :address => 'localhost',
  :port => 25,
  :domain => ' ',
  :user_name => '',
  :password => '',
  :authentication => :plain
}

i don't know which parameter must be set and what's the values, by the
way i don't know how to test received mail.

i was asp.net developer and iis handled all the stuff for me.
Stephan W. (Guest)
on 2009-05-17 19:36
firelinemx wrote:
> hi guys
> i am newbie in ror. i wanna test my simple ror application on windows
> xp. i use Webrick as my web server.
> i don't know how to configure my action mailer for sending email to
> another addresses?
>
> config.action_mailer.delivery_method = :smtp
> config.action_mailer.smtp_settings = {
>   :address => 'localhost',
>   :port => 25,
>   :domain => ' ',
>   :user_name => '',
>   :password => '',
>   :authentication => :plain
> }
>
> i don't know which parameter must be set and what's the values, by the
> way i don't know how to test received mail.
>
> i was asp.net developer and iis handled all the stuff for me.

Do you have an SMTP server running on your windows machine, or any
machine on the network?

Stephan