Forum: NGINX Rewrite URLs in content?

kolchy (Guest)
Hi all - I've been digging around for a while without success so I
thought I would ask :) I have a setup where I have multiple domains
hosted on a single WordPress MU install. So, for example, I have the
main WPMU install at http://basedomain.com, and all published domains
are appended to this (so http://example.com is available at
http://example.com.basedomain.com). I now want to run some sort of
reverse proxy that listens on the http://example.com URL, and pass the
requests to http://example.com.basedomain.com and the proxy will modify
all headers and content to strip out the basedomain.com part of the
domain so only http://example.com is returned to the client.

Can I get something like this configured with Nginx?? Thanks in advance
for any advice or pointers...

Kolchy

Posted at Nginx Forum:
Reinis R. (Guest)
Yes.

The headers and requests can be modified by Rewrite module
http://wiki.nginx.org/NginxHttpRewriteModule and/or proxy module
http://wiki.nginx.org/NginxHttpProxyModule

The content can be altered using httpsubmodule
http://wiki.nginx.org/NginxHttpSubModule (the only thing you should note
is that
SubModule can't replace gziped content (at least I couldnt manage make
it))

rr