Forum: GNU Radio tcp and udp server

feldmaus (Guest)
Hi All,

i am read something about "sending data over tcp".
as i can see in grc there is only an udp sink.

Is there still a tcp sink ?

regards markus
Eric B. (Guest)
On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 12:39:19PM +0000, feldmaus wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> i am read something about "sending data over tcp".
> as i can see in grc there is only an udp sink.
>
> Is there still a tcp sink ?

No need.  Use python to open the appropriate file descriptors, then
use gr.file_descriptor_{sink,source}

Eric
Tom Lutz (Guest)
On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 10:49 AM, Eric B. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> Eric

Might be nice to abstract it into its own block for the people that
just want to slap it together.

Tom
Eric B. (Guest)
On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 01:01:50PM -0400, Tom Lutz wrote:
> > use gr.file_descriptor_{sink,source}
> >
> > Eric
> >

> Might be nice to abstract it into its own block for the people that
> just want to slap it together.

Trust me, setting up the sockets is so much easier in Python in C++.

Eric
Josh B. (Guest)
I implemented a tcp source and sink in grc. I only tested it between two
flow graphs on the localhost, so give it a try.

-Josh
Markus F. (Guest)
Josh B. schrieb:
> I implemented a tcp source and sink in grc. I only tested it between two
> flow graphs on the localhost, so give it a try.

Thank you.

I do not have the time for testing it. My diploma end's at 18.6.2009.:-)
But thank you. :-)

regards Markus
Ravi T. (Guest)
Hello all,

 Has anyone come across following error when building a project in
cygwin
after installing GNU radio?

"Warning: Auto importing has been activated without --enable-auto-import
specified on the command line
          This should work unless it involves constant data structures
referencing symbols from auto-imported DLLs"

The above warning leads to a linker error.

Anybody has insights/suggestions?

Regards
Ravi
Lu z. (Guest)
on 2013-03-01 13:07
Josh B. wrote in post #817954:
> I implemented a tcp source and sink in grc. I only tested it between two
> flow graphs on the localhost, so give it a try.
>
> -Josh

Hello Josh,
I tryed your example with TCP Source/Sink and they works well.
Actually I would like to hear the Sound from a median player (like VLC
media player).
 I run this Flow Graph(tcp_sink_test.grc):  Signal Source --> Throttle
--> TCP Sink (tcp://127.0.0.1:12345)
 Then I open the VLC media player and give this address to VLC.
I can see "tcp://127.0.0.1:12345 - VLC media player" is showed on the
top of the VLC window and the WX GUI Slider is also showed, so that I
can change the frequence.
 But I cann't hear anything from VLC...

I also try replacing the Audio Sink from the "dial_tone" example and the
"fm_receiver" example with the TCP Sink. Still I cann't hear anything
from VLC.

But when I run this Flow Graph: File Source(with a wav file)-->TCP Sink
This time I can hear the music. So I suppose that my VLC player itself
is not brocken.

Any idea why the still?

Thanks

Lu