Forum: GNU Radio dbpsk modulation

Tom Lutz (Guest)
Would someone mind explaining how to appropriately use the dbpsk
modulator, given a desired bit rate and carrier frequency?  I can't
seem to figure out how excess_bw and samples_per_symbol affect the
parameters I ultimately want to set (bit rate and carrier freq).

Thanks,
Tom
Jason U. (Guest)
> modulator, given a desired bit rate and carrier frequency?  I can't
> seem to figure out how excess_bw and samples_per_symbol affect the
> parameters I ultimately want to set (bit rate and carrier freq).

I would examine the 'pick_bitrate.py' file in the digital examples in
detail.  This file shows the derivation for calculating
decimation/interpolation and samples per symbol to achieve desired
rates bitrates.  It can be passed a combination of desired
samples/symbol, bitrate,and {interp|decim} rate and calculate the rest
for you.

Carrier frequency is handled differently, and is usually based on the
daughter card you are using, though the 'tune' method should work for
almost all of them, again, see the examples in the digital folder.

Jason