Forum: Ruby on Rails ruby variable = javascript variable ?

semi (Guest)
Is there a way to store the value of a js variable in a ruby variable?
The reason I ask is because, for example, when a google maps api
returns the result of let's say the location on the map, it returns it
in a js variable. I need to get the value from that variable to be
stored in a ruby variable. Is there a way in which I can do that?
Thanks.
Frederick C. (Guest)
On May 14, 4:01 pm, semi <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Is there a way to store the value of a js variable in a ruby variable?
> The reason I ask is because, for example, when a google maps api
> returns the result of let's say the location on the map, it returns it
> in a js variable. I need to get the value from that variable to be
> stored in a ruby variable. Is there a way in which I can do that?

make an http request to your app (either an ajax request or a more
traditional form submission)

Fred
semi (Guest)
On May 14, 11:33 am, Frederick C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> make an http request to your app (either an ajax request or a more
> traditional form submission)
>
> Fred

Thanks for the idea. I did something like this, but the page keeps
reloading over and over:

<script type="text/javascript">

   temp = "wechangedit";
   window.location.href = "http://localhost:3000/home/abc?