Forum: GNU Radio question about BasicTX and BasicRX

Woody D. (Guest)

I would like to conduct an experiment with using BasicTX to send AM/FM
signal ( voice ) and have BasicRX to receive AM/FM signal.

Basically, a way to transmit voice and another way to receive voice
using USRP.

Do I need two USRPs for this task?

If I already have a USRP, is it true that I only need to buy one
BasicTX and one BasicRX only? Or do I need one more USRP in additional
to one that I have?

Also, do I also need to purchase two antenna?

Regards,
Woody
mayur_CEN (Guest)
I am also experimenting with FM signals .
I am using a single usrp for RX/TX
TVRX board is used for reception
Basic tx for Transmission.
I am running two programs simultaneously in gnuradio
i am using the wfm_receiver  example program in GRC for RX and a fm
transmission code at terminal
Hope it solves some of your problem.

Mayur

Woody D. wrote:

I am also experimenting with FM signals .
I am using a single usrp for RX/TX
TVRX board is used for reception
Basic tx for Transmission.
I am running two programs simultaneously in gnuradio
i am using the wfm_receiver  example program in GRC for RX and a fm
transmission code at terminal
Hope it solves some of your problem.
 you need to separate antennas for tx/rx
Mayur