Forum: GNU Radio 1.6MHz to 30MHz

Woody D. (Guest)

I want to use gnuradio and USRP for 1.6MHz to 30MHz, is it possible?
If so, what daughterboard should I be using for USRP?

The other question I have is whether it is possible to have a
mini-usrp board that can be moulded into a somewhat handheld device
size?

Regards,
Woody
Eric B. (Guest)
On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 11:55:30AM +0800, Woody D. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to use gnuradio and USRP for 1.6MHz to 30MHz, is it possible?
> If so, what daughterboard should I be using for USRP?

The LFRX and LFTX.  You may need external filters and/or amps
depending on your application.

> The other question I have is whether it is possible to have a
> mini-usrp board that can be moulded into a somewhat handheld device
> size?

In the "anything's possible" department, it's possible.

Eric
Jason U. (Guest)
>> The other question I have is whether it is possible to have a
>> mini-usrp board that can be moulded into a somewhat handheld device
>> size?
>
> In the "anything's possible" department, it's possible.

If you only needed one daughtercard this would be very do-able, we
looked into leaving off the second daughterboard infrastructure and
thought it should be possible to make a single daughterboard usrp less
than half the area of the current one.  This was pitched using an
rfx2400 though, with the lf boards you could theoretically make a
cube-esque stack with the fpga/usb chips one board, power conditioning
and clock on another, and the two lf boards being the 'bread' of the
sandwich.

You would, of course, have to redesign the board, rewrite the fpga
image, and make a new sink/source pair in gnu radio, but like Eric
said 'anythings possible'

Jason