Forum: NGINX Does setting a variable only work once?

Michael S. (Guest)
neither of these work. it only takes the first $port, the second one is
ignored

                set $port 11019;
                root /home/foo/web/bar.com;
                include /etc/nginx/expires.conf;
                include /etc/nginx/confs/phpmyadmin.conf;
                location /sites {
                        set $port 11003;
                        include /etc/nginx/confs/sites.conf;
                }
or
                set $port 11019;
                root /home/foo/web/bar.com;
                include /etc/nginx/expires.conf;
                include /etc/nginx/confs/phpmyadmin.conf;
                set $port 11003;
                include /etc/nginx/confs/sites.conf;
Igor S. (Guest)
On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 12:07:10PM -0700, Michael S. wrote:

> or
>                 set $port 11019;
>                 root /home/foo/web/bar.com;
>                 include /etc/nginx/expires.conf;
>                 include /etc/nginx/confs/phpmyadmin.conf;
>                 set $port 11003;
>                 include /etc/nginx/confs/sites.conf;

It should work. Could you send me debug log ?
Michael S. (Guest)
sorry, i can't reproduce this at the moment.

a co-worker had reported it, now i need to see if it happens again.

2009/5/12 Igor S. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:
"坏人" (Guest)
不知道sites.conf的内容。不过看起来你是想动态设置监听端口,这是不行的,重设监听端口必须重启服务

Posted at Nginx Forum:
Michael S. (Guest)
what don't you understand?

we don't understand you, ENGLISH only please.

2009/5/12 "坏人" <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:
Chancey (Guest)
translate :

chinese:
不知道sites.conf的内容。不过看起来你是想动态设置监听端口,这是不行的,重设监听端口必须重启服务
english: i don't know the contents of sites.conf , It looks like you are
set the service port and reload nginx,
That won't take effect except restart service

I'd like to correct something you said: reload nginx service can
effective immediately

2009-05-13

Chancey

we don't understand you, ENGLISH only please.
2009/5/12 "坏人" <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:
汪洪伟 (Guest)
omg, this mail-list is offering translation nowadays, awesome!

2009/5/13 Chancey <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Chancey (Guest)
I hope so

2009-05-13

Chancey

we don't understand you, ENGLISH only please.
2009/5/12 "坏人" <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:
Delta Y. (Guest)
兄弟你似乎对NGINX蛮熟悉的,可以告诉我你的联系方式么。