Forum: Ruby how to export WebPage Label's to Excel

Rase I. (Guest)
on 2009-05-12 20:11
Hi All,

i need to get the Label of the TextBox, Radio button, List...and export
it to Excel;

Eg: my page has 4 textbox, 2 list,2 radio, r checkbox...my job is write
ruby and grab the label from the website and export it to excel;

please help me out i m new to Ruby and watir

is there any method in ruby or watir
Noel M. (Guest)
on 2009-05-13 00:25
use parseExcel

http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/parseexcel/

If that doesn't do the trick, perhaps we need someone to write one?
Regardless, you can always look at an approach with shell scripts and
use that as you inspiration

http://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/49...

If importing a CSV is not good enough for your users, you can consider
using some perl along with ruby ala Spreadsheet/ParseExcel.pm

Radkin