Forum: JRuby PKCS7 error

AD (Guest)
Jruby 1.2.0
Solaris 10 x86
Tomcat 5.5
jruby-openssl 0.3

Getting the following error in catalina.out, anyone seen this before?
is thsi related to jruby-openssl ?

org.bouncycastle.asn1.DERSequence cannot be cast to org.bouncyca
stle.asn1.x509.X509Name
        at
org.jruby.ext.openssl.x509store.X509Utils.checkIfIssuedBy(X509Utils.java:253)
        at
org.jruby.ext.openssl.x509store.StoreContext$4.call(StoreContext.java:1100)
        at
org.jruby.ext.openssl.x509store.StoreContext.verifyCertificate(StoreContext.java:666)
        at org.jruby.ext.openssl.impl.PKCS7.verify(PKCS7.java:341)
        ... 390 more
cacerts:
/apphome/coolstack/tomcat5/webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/gems/gems/httpclient-2.1.4/lib/httpclient/cac
ert.p7s loading failed
org.jruby.ext.openssl.impl.PKCS7Exception: PKCS7[Method: 117, Reason:
117]
org.jruby.ext.openssl.impl.PKCS7Exception: PKCS7[Method: 117, Reason:
117]

Isn't there an update to Jruby-openssl (.4?) that fixes this?

This looks vaguely familiar to me ... I believe we saw this then
updated jruby-openssl (it was fixed in dev but not released as a gem
at the time but I thought I remember Charles saying that jruby-openssl
had been revved)

Jay

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 11:00 AM, AD <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> stle.asn1.x509.X509Name

I'm not sure if that fix has been released, but I have enough fixes I'll
push jruby-openssl 0.5 today.

Jay McGaffigan wrote:
>> Jruby 1.2.0
>>        at org.jruby.ext.openssl.x509store.X509Utils.checkIfIssuedBy(X509Utils.java:253)

awesome, thanks Charles.

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 1:56 PM, Charles Oliver N.