Forum: Ruby on Rails a problem with instance and local variables

Ahmed K. (Guest)
Hi all,

on page 151 of the book agile... we have the following code in the
file order.rb:

def add_line_items_from_cart(cart)
   cart.items.each do |item|
   li = LineItem.from_cart_item(item)
   line_items << li
end

what kind of variable is line_items? is it a local, class, instance or
other kind of variable?
if it is local how rails saves the contents of this variable when
saves the order in "save_order" method which is place in the file
"store_controller.rb"?
Frederick C. (Guest)
On May 9, 7:12 am, Ahmed K. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> what kind of variable is line_items? is it a local, class, instance or
> other kind of variable?

Assuming the code is correct (you're missing an 'end' for starters),
the only way this could work were if line_items were a method
returning an appropriate object.

Fred