Forum: JRuby tweet about groovy vs jruby perf

Phil S. (Guest)
http://twitter.com/tiagofernandez

"comparing #groovy and #jruby equivalent implementations: groovy ->
7.251s, jruby -> 9.436s (30% slower, not surprisingly)about 3 hours
ago from Nambu "

thoughts?

I had thought groovy was slower than jruby?  guess a one off
comparison doesn't matter, but anyone have any benchmarks?

phil swenson wrote:
> http://twitter.com/tiagofernandez
>
> "comparing #groovy and #jruby equivalent implementations: groovy ->
> 7.251s, jruby -> 9.436s (30% slower, not surprisingly)about 3 hours
> ago from Nambu "
>
> thoughts?
>
> I had thought groovy was slower than jruby?  guess a one off
> comparison doesn't matter, but anyone have any benchmarks?

Pretty much impossible to know based on that tweet, but on most
comparisons I've run we're no slower and often faster. There are
specific things Groovy's better at and specific things JRuby's better
at.

- Charlie