Forum: Ruby on Rails How many RoR engineers use Mac / Linux / Windows?

Jian L. (Guest)
on 2009-05-09 11:02
I wonder if most of the people using RoR is using it on Mac?  How about
we make a tally here...  we can enter our platform here and see what
other engineers are using:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=Xjv89bNS9fvJ...

thanks.
Conrad T. (Guest)
On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 12:02 AM, Jian L.

> I wonder if most of the people using RoR is using it on Mac?  How about
> we make a tally here...  we can enter our platform here and see what
> other engineers are using:
>
> http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=Xjv89bNS9fvJ...
>
> thanks.

Jian, are you talking about RoR development or deployment?

Here's a better question(s):

How many software engineers are using X platform for RoR development?

How many software engineers are using X platform for RoR deployment?

-Conrad
Frederick C. (Guest)
On May 9, 8:02 am, Jian L. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> I wonder if most of the people using RoR is using it on Mac?  How about
> we make a tally here...  we can enter our platform here and see what
> other engineers are using:
>
> http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=Xjv89bNS9fvJ...

Well if you've ever been to railsconf it's pretty obvious that just
about everyone has a mac.

Fred
Phlip (Guest)
Frederick C. wrote:

> Well if you've ever been to railsconf it's pretty obvious that just
> about everyone has a mac.

So, if everyone at Railsconf just ... jumped off a cliff, would you?

--
   Phlip
   http://flea.sourceforge.net/resume.html
> Frederick C. wrote:
> > Well if you've ever been to railsconf it's pretty obvious that just
> > about everyone has a mac.
>
> So, if everyone at Railsconf just ... jumped off a cliff, would you?

I wouldn't but it would still be an accurate statement to say that
most people at railsconf jumped off cliffs. I don't think the OP was
asking 'what should I use', rather 'what do people use'

Fred
Jian L. (Guest)
on 2009-05-09 19:55
is it true that surveymonkey.com won't show the survey answers to
general users who voted?  (unless the survey creator is not using a
basic account)...

so the result so far is:

Mac:     10
Linux:    9