Forum: RSpec [cucumber] -n command line option looks in every feature file

Mark W. (Guest)
Running 'cucumber -n "asdf" features/challenge.feature' seems to load
every
feature file from the Rails root on down. In particular, it loads
example
features in vendor/gems like Ben's email_spec which requires Rails
2.2.2.
This makes the command fail for us, since we've frozen 2.3.2. I would
imagine it's also loading RSpec's own features, since that gem is also
frozen in our app.

I don't know if this is defined behavior or not, but it was surprising.
It
makes the -n option less useful, IMO. What does the filespec do in this
case?

///ark
Ben M. (Guest)
Mark W. wrote:

> ///ark

What do you mean by "filespec"?  Regardless, I agree with you that this
doesn't seem normal at all.  Care to add a ticket for it?

Thanks,
Ben
Mark W. (Guest)
On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 7:06 PM, Ben M. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

>> makes the -n option less useful, IMO. What does the filespec do in this
>> case?
>>
>> ///ark
>>

> What do you mean by "filespec"?  Regardless, I agree with you that this
> doesn't seem normal at all.  Care to add a ticket for it?

By "filespec", I meant "features/challenge.feature" in the command
above.
Ticket filed - thanks.

///ark