Forum: Ruby on Rails has_many / belongs_to issues

pb p. (Guest)

I just faced this problem today. I have a site which will have a USER
model and a SUBMISSION model. Apart from the cosmetics parts, each user
will be able to have multiple submissions, while each submission could
have or not a username.

Basically, registration to make a submission will be optional. My
question is will this work if someone tries to submit and it is not
registered?
Jodi S. (Guest)
Bogdan -

On 7-May-09, at 4:47 PM, Bogdan P. wrote:

> question is will this work if someone tries to submit and it is not
> registered?

validation is under your control - just don't enforce
(validates_presence_of) for :user relation

pb p. (Guest)
on 2009-05-15 14:16
Jodi S. wrote:
> Bogdan -
>
> On 7-May-09, at 4:47 PM, Bogdan P. wrote:
>
>> question is will this work if someone tries to submit and it is not
>> registered?
>
> validation is under your control - just don't enforce
> (validates_presence_of) for :user relation

Another small bump. When I create a new object. For example a
SUBMISSION, how can I select from a drop down list the USER it belongs
to?