Forum: Ruby Memcache Replication

Barak I. (Guest)

I want to know that whether there is any possiblity for replicationg the
data stored in memcache server among multiple memcache servers.

I have 5 memcache servers in different places.

I need to replicate the data stored in one memcache server to all the
other servers also - redundancy.

So that if any server went completely down i can have all the memcache
data in other servers too..

Thanks if any one help me in this.

Thanks & regards,

Barakath
Scott Lillibridge (Guest)
This should be (and has often been) asked on the memcached list, but I
will
answer here.

No, there is no replication in memcached. Memcached is simply a cache,
not a
durable data store.

Scott

On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 3:49 AM, Barak I.
Alex Eiras (Guest)
> <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>wrote:

Hi,

If you need replication/high availability for cached objects, I'd
recommend
you to examine Tokyo Tyrant and Tokyo Cabinet, as a replacement of
Memcached. Tokyo Tyrant acts as a network interface for concurrent
access to
Tokyo Cabinet databases -your persistence layer-, implementing memcached
protocol. Thus you don't need to alter your memcached clients.

And you have ruby bindings for that :-)

Hope it helps

Cheers
Alex