Forum: Ruby String issue

Prashant K. (Guest)
on 2009-05-07 13:13
Hello,

I am trying to display the time spent in performing an activity in HTML
format.

The code below does that. If the time is 0 it shouldn't show anything
else it should show the "time" followed by "hours" word.

"<td>
    #{start_time[:hrs] == 0 ? "" : start_time[:hrs] + hours}

The way I am trying to do is giving problems.

 "TypeError Exception: String can't be coerced into Fixnum"
This is because of the "+ hours" in the code.

Any solution to get this done?
Rüdiger Brahns (Guest)
Prashant K. schrieb:

> The way I am trying to do is giving problems.
>
>  "TypeError Exception: String can't be coerced into Fixnum"
> This is because of the "+ hours" in the code.
>
> Any solution to get this done?

start_time[:hrs].to_s + hours
Prashant K. (Guest)
on 2009-05-07 13:53