Forum: Ruby on Rails booting rails

slava (Guest)
I need to use an activerecord model in a ruby script that is run from
outside rails, so I need to boot rails from my script, otherwise I
get
uninitialized constant ActiveRecord
I tried adding
require 'config/boot'
to the script to boot rails before running the script, but that did
not help..
Frederick C. (Guest)
On May 7, 12:20 am, slava <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> I need to use an activerecord model in a ruby script that is run from
> outside rails, so I need to boot rails from my script, otherwise I
> get
> uninitialized constant ActiveRecord
> I tried adding
> require 'config/boot'
> to the script to boot rails before running the script, but that did
> not help..

To load the full rails environment you need to require config/
environment   (you might want to investigate script/runner)

Fred