Forum: Ruby on Rails sum - wrong number of arguments?

Milan D. (Guest)
on 2009-05-07 02:35
I got the following error after I ran script/server:

/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.2.2/lib/action_controller/layout.rb:184:in
`sum': wrong number of arguments (1 for 0) (ArgumentError)
  from
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.2.2/lib/action_controller/layout.rb:184:in
`layout_list'
  from
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.2.2/lib/action_controller/layout.rb:192:in
`inherited_without_helper'
  from
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionmailer-2.2.2/lib/action_mailer/helpers.rb:92:in
`inherited'
  from
/home/milan/Projects/iq/blitzlocal_app/blitzlocal/vendor/plugins/exception_notification/lib/exception_notifier.rb:23
  from /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in
`gem_original_require'
  from /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in
`require'
  from
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.2.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:153:in
`require'
  from
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.2.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:521:in
`new_constants_in'
   ... 40 levels...
  from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.2.2/lib/commands/server.rb:49
  from /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in
`gem_original_require'
  from /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in
`require'
  from script/server:3

Can anybody help me resolve it?
Tom Z Meinlschmidt (Guest)
and source from:
/home/milan/Projects/iq/blitzlocal_app/blitzlocal/vendor/plugins/exception_notification/lib/exception_notifier.rb:23

?

tom

Milan D. wrote:
>   from
> `require'
>
> Can anybody help me resolve it?

Tomas Meinlschmidt, MS {MCT, MCP+I, MCSE, AER}, NetApp Filer/NetCache

www.meinlschmidt.com  www.maxwellrender.cz  www.lightgems.cz
Milan D. (Guest)
on 2009-05-07 04:24
Ooops!
Here it goes:

require 'pathname'

# Copyright (c) 2005 Jamis B.
#
# Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining
# a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the
# "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including
# without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish,
# distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to
# permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to
# the following conditions:
#
# The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be
# included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
#
# THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND,
# EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF
# MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND
# NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE
# LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION
# OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION
# WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
class ExceptionNotifier < ActionMailer::Base
------------------------>this is 23
  @@sender_address = %("Exception Notifier"
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>)
  cattr_accessor :sender_address

  @@exception_recipients = []
  cattr_accessor :exception_recipients

  @@email_prefix = "[ERROR] "
  cattr_accessor :email_prefix

  @@sections = %w(request session environment backtrace)
  cattr_accessor :sections

  self.template_root = "#{File.dirname(__FILE__)}/../views"

  def self.reloadable?() false end

  def exception_notification(exception, controller, request, data={})
    content_type "text/plain"

    subject
"#{email_prefix}#{controller.controller_name}##{controller.action_name}
(#{exception.class}) #{exception.message.inspect}"

    recipients exception_recipients
    from       sender_address

    body       data.merge({ :controller => controller, :request =>
request,
                  :exception => exception, :host =>
(request.env["HTTP_X_FORWARDED_HOST"] || request.env["HTTP_HOST"]),
                  :backtrace => sanitize_backtrace(exception.backtrace),
                  :rails_root => rails_root, :data => data,
                  :sections => sections })
  end

  private

    def sanitize_backtrace(trace)
      re = Regexp.new(/^#{Regexp.escape(rails_root)}/)
      trace.map { |line| Pathname.new(line.gsub(re,
"[RAILS_ROOT]")).cleanpath.to_s }
    end

    def rails_root
      @rails_root ||= Pathname.new(RAILS_ROOT).cleanpath.to_s

I read here
(http://blog.teksol.info/2009/03/27/argumenterror-o...)
that it could be because I'm using gem classifier. I've tried cloning
their gems but when I run gem build classifier.gemspec I get:

ERROR:  While executing gem ... (Gem::InvalidSpecificationException)
    missing value for attribute summary

Tom Z Meinlschmidt wrote:
> and source from:

/home/milan/Projects/iq/blitzlocal_app/blitzlocal/vendor/plugins/exception_notification/lib/exception_notifier.rb:23

> ?
>
> tom
>
> Milan D. wrote:
>>   from
>> `require'
>>
>> Can anybody help me resolve it?
>

> --
zkuste

gem sources -a http://gems.github.com
gem install yury-classifier

tom

Milan D. wrote:
> # without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish,
> # NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE
>   cattr_accessor :exception_recipients
>
>     body       data.merge({ :controller => controller, :request =>
>     def sanitize_backtrace(trace)
>

>>> `require'
>>>
>>> Can anybody help me resolve it?
>>
>> --
>> ===============================================================================
>> Tomas Meinlschmidt, MS {MCT, MCP+I, MCSE, AER}, NetApp Filer/NetCache
>>
>> www.meinlschmidt.com  www.maxwellrender.cz  www.lightgems.cz
>> ===============================================================================

Tomas Meinlschmidt, MS {MCT, MCP+I, MCSE, AER}, NetApp Filer/NetCache

www.meinlschmidt.com  www.maxwellrender.cz  www.lightgems.cz
Milan D. (Guest)
on 2009-05-07 13:10
Now I get:

superclass mismatch for class Client

Do you think that it would be good idea to just ask them to send me the
application with all the gems freezed? I don't know why I have conflicts
and they don't.

Tom Z Meinlschmidt wrote:
> zkuste
>
> gem sources -a http://gems.github.com
> gem install yury-classifier
>
> tom
>
> Milan D. wrote:
>> # without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish,
>> # NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE
>>   cattr_accessor :exception_recipients
>>
>>     body       data.merge({ :controller => controller, :request =>
>>     def sanitize_backtrace(trace)

>>> --
>>> ===============================================================================
>>> Tomas Meinlschmidt, MS {MCT, MCP+I, MCSE, AER}, NetApp Filer/NetCache
>>>
>>> www.meinlschmidt.com  www.maxwellrender.cz  www.lightgems.cz
>>> ===============================================================================
>>

> --
maybe

what about "gems update" and update all the gems installed?

tom

Milan D. wrote:

>>>     body       data.merge({ :controller => controller, :request =>
>>
>> --
>> Tomas Meinlschmidt, MS {MCT, MCP+I, MCSE, AER}, NetApp Filer/NetCache
>>
>> www.meinlschmidt.com  www.maxwellrender.cz  www.lightgems.cz

Tomas Meinlschmidt, MS {MCT, MCP+I, MCSE, AER}, NetApp Filer/NetCache

www.meinlschmidt.com  www.maxwellrender.cz  www.lightgems.cz
Milan D. (Guest)
on 2009-05-08 02:09
They have some monkey patches in the project.