Forum: RSpec top posting and plain text

Aslak H. (Guest)
Folks,

I find it really hard to follow conversations that use top posting (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style).
If you have a [Cucumber] topic, please respond with inline comments. And
use
plain text email - not html.

Thanks,
Aslak
Julian L. (Guest)
On 07/05/2009, at 4:54 AM, aslak hellesoy wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I find it really hard to follow conversations that use top posting
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style
> ).
> If you have a [Cucumber] topic, please respond with inline comments.
> And use plain text email - not html.

I find it quite hard to follow conversations that use bottom posting,
so I'll try to do interleaved comments from now on. It's almost
impossible to do interleave posting on the iphone, btw.

Thanks.
Julian.

> Aslak
So let me get this right,

you agreed with Aslak that you shouldn't top post.

by top posting????

--
Rick DeNatale

Ben M. (Guest)
Rick DeNatale wrote:

lol.. Yes.   :)  Sarcasm somethings doesn't come across well over email
I suppose.

-Ben
Steve Schafer (Guest)
Just so you know, _your_ message isn't just plain text. Here's a portion
of the raw message:

>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style).
>Folks,<br><br>I find it really hard to follow conversations that use top po=
>sting (<a href=3D"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style">http:/...
>ipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style</a>).<br>If you have a [Cucumber] topic, plea=
>se respond with inline comments. And use plain text email - not html.<br>
>
>--001636c5b0eedf7860046942ecfc--
How about both top and bottom posting?

Francis H.
http://fhwang.net/

On May 6, 2009, at 8:46 PM, Ben M. wrote:
> lol.. Yes.   :)  Sarcasm somethings doesn't come across well over
> email I suppose.

How about both top and bottom posting?

Francis H.
http://fhwang.net/
Andrew V. (Guest)
On May 6, 2009, at 5:28 PM, Rick DeNatale wrote:

>> Thanks,
>> Aslak
>
> So let me get this right,
>
> you agreed with Aslak that you shouldn't top post.
>
> by top posting????

And Aslak's post was multipart/mime!? Was that just for the irony? You
guys are funny... :-)

Andrew V.
Nicholas Van W. (Guest)
Nick: How about   On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 9:09 PM, Francis H. <
Kero van Gelder (Guest)
>> So let me get this right,
>>
>> you agreed with Aslak that you shouldn't top post.
>>
>> by top posting????
>>
> lol.. Yes.   :)  Sarcasm somethings doesn't come across well over email
> I suppose.

Not only that, he did it in <html> so it was impossible for
me to see whether it was top or bottom. The sarcasm was clear
enough, tho ;)

+1 from me, too.

I'm adding a request: cut out the paragraphs of the email
that you are not responding to. I'm encountering plenty of
emails that don't fit on my screen (which is much bigger than
an iPhone) and turn out to contain not much more than
"yes", "thanks" or "see lighthouse <url>".

Bye,
Kero.
___
How can I change the world if I can't even change myself?
  -- Faithless, Salva Mea
Bart Z. (Guest)
On 7 mei 2009, at 19:12, Kero van Gelder wrote:

> Not only that, he did it in <html> so it was impossible for
> me to see whether it was top or bottom. The sarcasm was clear
> enough, tho ;)
>
> +1 from me, too.
>
> I'm adding a request: cut out the paragraphs of the email
> that you are not responding to.

Same goes for signatures, if you'd ask me.

gr,
bartz