Forum: RSpec Features failing to run correctly under 0.3.2

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
Andrew P. (Guest)
on 2009-05-06 20:45
(Received via mailing list)
Having significant problems getting an upto date environment with
cucumber
and rspec since 0.3.0. I have put the relevant files including a
backtrace
 in a gist http://gist.github.com/107586. I'd really appreciate it if
someone could take a look at this.
All these features ran fine using cuc 0.3.0 and rspec 1.2.2

Many thanks

Andrew
Aslak H. (Guest)
on 2009-05-06 22:09
(Received via mailing list)
> Having significant problems getting an upto date environment with cucumber
> and rspec since 0.3.0. I have put the relevant files including a backtrace
>  in a gist http://gist.github.com/107586. I'd really appreciate it if
> someone could take a look at this.
> All these features ran fine using cuc 0.3.0 and rspec 1.2.2
>

I'll take a look at it. What Rails version are you on?

Aslak
Aslak H. (Guest)
on 2009-05-06 22:24
(Received via mailing list)
On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 9:20 AM, Andrew P. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> Having significant problems getting an upto date environment with cucumber
> and rspec since 0.3.0. I have put the relevant files including a backtrace
>  in a gist http://gist.github.com/107586. I'd really appreciate it if
> someone could take a look at this.
> All these features ran fine using cuc 0.3.0 and rspec 1.2.2
>

There is already a bug report for this:

https://rspec.lighthouseapp.com/projects/16211/tic...
Andrew P. (Guest)
on 2009-05-07 09:14
(Received via mailing list)
2.2.2 at the moment.

2009/5/6 aslak hellesoy <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Andrew P. (Guest)
on 2009-05-07 09:21
(Received via mailing list)
Thanks Aslak, I'll try this out when I get to work.

Andrew

2009/5/6 aslak hellesoy <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Andrew P. (Guest)
on 2009-05-07 14:08
(Received via mailing list)
Tried this out using your github repository. Can confirm this fixes
our bug - looking forward to next gem release

Thanks

Andrew

2009/5/7 Andrew P. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:
Julian L. (Guest)
on 2009-05-07 14:36
(Received via mailing list)
Hey all,

Has anyone else had any issues with trying to get APPLICATION code
debugging when using cucumber, selenium & webrat?

I can debug steps just fine, but debugs in application code get
skipped over under selenium for some reason.

Is this usual?

Julian.
Matt W. (Guest)
on 2009-05-07 16:10
(Received via mailing list)
On 7 May 2009, at 11:02, Julian L. wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> Has anyone else had any issues with trying to get APPLICATION code
> debugging when using cucumber, selenium & webrat?
>
> I can debug steps just fine, but debugs in application code get
> skipped over under selenium for some reason.
>
> Is this usual?

Well it's out of process, so that might have something to do with it.

I don't know how webrat starts the mongrel to serve pages to selenium,
but that's where you'd need to look. I suggest you ask on the webrat
mailing list about this.

Matt W.
http://blog.mattwynne.net
http://www.songkick.com
Julian L. (Guest)
on 2009-05-07 17:39
(Received via mailing list)
Hi,

We're using Rails 2.3.2, and debugger doesn't seem to work in cucumber/
webrat running selenium mode. Has anyone else had this issue?

It seems to be skipping the debugger methods

Julian.
Aslak H. (Guest)
on 2009-05-07 17:45
(Received via mailing list)
> Tried this out using your github repository. Can confirm this fixes
> our bug - looking forward to next gem release
>

Thanks for confirming Andrew

Aslak
Julian L. (Guest)
on 2009-05-07 21:31
(Received via mailing list)
On 07/05/2009, at 8:02 PM, Julian L. wrote:

> Julian.
Hi.

I realised that it was because I was simply running the server
automatically - when I manually started it, I got access to the
debugger server. All good.

Thanks

Julian.
Rick D. (Guest)
on 2009-05-07 23:30
(Received via mailing list)
On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 5:39 AM, Julian L. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We're using Rails 2.3.2, and debugger doesn't seem to work in
> cucumber/webrat running selenium mode. Has anyone else had this issue?
>
> It seems to be skipping the debugger methods

Rails noops the debugger method by default with a method which just
logs the call. If Kernel already has a debugger method then it
doesn't.

If you run script/server with the -u / --debugger option, then it
requires 'ruby-debug' and calls ::Debugger.start during
initialization.

Rails 2.3 does this by inserting a rack app which just does this.

David C. and I put support for the -u/--debugger options for the spec
command a few releases back, I don't know if this has any effect on
cucumber.



--
Rick DeNatale

Blog: http://talklikeaduck.denhaven2.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/RickDeNatale
WWR: http://www.workingwithrails.com/person/9021-rick-denatale
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/rickdenatale
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.