Forum: Ruby on Rails Generate dynamic PDFs from RoR apps

Kevin Kaiser (Guest)
Forgive me for the shameless promotion but I'm posting because I think
you guys might find this useful.

I'd like to spread the word to the PHP community about a new website
that we've launched called Online PDF Printer
(www.onlinepdfprinter.com).

It's a service that lets developers integrate dynamic PDF creation and
downloading into their web-enabled applications with just a few lines
of code.

All you have to do is sign up for an API key, upload your document
templates and POST data to our server. We handle everything else. A
stream of PDF data is passed back to your application and you can save
it as a file, prompt the user to download it right then and there or
push it into a database.

We'd love to have anybody and everybody come check out the site, sign
up for a free account and mess around with it.

Thanks!

-Kevin Kaiser
 SiteQuarters / Online PDF Printer

 removed_email_address@domain.invalid
 removed_email_address@domain.invalid

 http://www.onlinepdfprinter.com
E. Litwin (Guest)
Andrew T. (Guest)
On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 9:09 PM, E. Litwin <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> Or for free, use PDF-Writer or JasperSoft reports
>
> http://ruby-pdf.rubyforge.org/pdf-writer/
> http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/howtointeg...

Or Prawn http://prawn.majesticseacreature.com

Andrew T.
http://ramblingsonrails.com

Matt J. (Guest)
Or, for the hardcore, LaTeX. Certainly not new, but still a standard
if you need serious page layout stuff.

--Matt J.

On May 6, 4:10 am, Andrew T. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Marnen L. (Guest)
on 2009-05-07 05:33
Matt J. wrote:
> Or, for the hardcore, LaTeX. Certainly not new, but still a standard
> if you need serious page layout stuff.

TeX is easier to write than PostScript/PDF, but PDF has the edge on
complex layout.

(Whether any of the Rails PDF plugins will take advantage of all those
features is another question.)

> --Matt J.

Best,
--