Forum: Ruby Calling ant from ruby, on windows

Marie-sofie K. (Guest)
on 2009-05-05 18:38
I've got a script that I want to run on both osx10.5 and windows xp,
though I'll settle for one script each if that is not possible. My
problem is with xp. Note that I'm a beginner to ruby, and I apologize if
this is a stupid mistake to make, but I haven't found any help looking
on google.

On osx I have a system call like this
system("ant build")
which works fine on osx, but on windows I get nothing. It just returns.
I can run system("mem") and get a printout, I've even run system("python
--version") to check that ruby does read the path. But ant is ignored. I
noted a similar behaviour when doing a system("bleh") call ("bleh"
obviously NOT being a valid system call).

I've tried supplying the direct path to ant, i.e.
system("c:\antdir\bin\ant -version")
I've made sure that the path contains the ant path (both system and user
path), ANT_HOME is set - I can call ant just fine from the command
line...

What am I missing?

(For anyone curious, the reason I'm running ruby is because I want to
loop through a directory, finding other directories, and run the ant
build script for each of the directories found)
Heesob P. (Guest)

2009/5/5 Marie-sofie Karlsson <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:
> --version") to check that ruby does read the path. But ant is ignored. I

Try
system("ant.bat build")

Regards,

Park H.
Marie-sofie K. (Guest)
on 2009-05-05 18:50
Heesob P. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2009/5/5 Marie-sofie Karlsson <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:
>> --version") to check that ruby does read the path. But ant is ignored. I
>>
> Try
> system("ant.bat build")
>

> Regards,
>
> Park H.