Forum: Ruby Strinpping html using regexp

Arun K. (Guest)
   I want to remove the all html tags in a string using regexp. But the
main thing is I dont want to use gsub or any other methods for it. I
want pure regexp to fetch the data other than the html tags. Can anybody
please give me the code.

Thanks
Arun
badboy (Guest)
Arun K. schrieb:
> Hi,
>    I want to remove the all html tags in a string using regexp. But the
> main thing is I dont want to use gsub or any other methods for it. I
> want pure regexp to fetch the data other than the html tags. Can anybody
> please give me the code.
>
> Thanks
> Arun
1. regular expressions are not good for stripping html code, use a HTML
Parser
(Nokogiri, Hpricot, ...)
2. if you want to use regexp, why not gsub? o_O what do you mean by
"pure
regexp"? gsub can strip content based on regular expressions. I don't
get your
point here.
3. ....
7stud -. (Guest)
on 2009-05-05 18:51
Arun K. wrote:
> Hi,
> But the
> main thing is I dont want to use gsub or any other methods for it.

In what programming language can you use a regex to find a match without
calling a method?
Mark T. (Guest)
On May 5, 10:38 am, Arun K. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Hi,
>    I want to remove the all html tags in a string using regexp.

No, you really really don't. Trust me.

> I want pure regexp to fetch the data other than the html tags.

If you had said "pure XPath", then that would make sense.

-- Mark.
7stud -. (Guest)
on 2009-05-06 02:15
Mark T. wrote:
> On May 5, 10:38�am, Arun K. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> � �I want to remove the all html tags in a string using regexp.
>
> No, you really really don't. Trust me.

Yes, yes, he really does.  This is an ongoing line of questioning dating
back several weeks.