Forum: Ruby on Rails ajax submit question

Chris H. (Guest)
Is there a way to do an ajax submit but only send the values in an
embedded form inside a form?

I have to do an ajax submit with multiple companies and I get this
being submitted for the post:

companyid  1
companyid  2
companyid  3

If I have multiple submits possible but I need to be able to get the
appropriate company id that is submitted.
Frederick C. (Guest)
On May 3, 6:41 am, Me <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Is there a way to do an ajax submit but only send the values in an
> embedded form inside a form?

nested forms are not allowed by the html standard. When making an ajax
request you can however submit an arbitrary element to submit.

Fred
Chris H. (Guest)
I have been using fields_for for my inline ajax forms.  How do submit
text
fields using a button_to_function?
I have several inline forms using ajax calls to do CRUD for my contact
info.

On Sun, May 3, 2009 at 4:42 AM, Frederick C.
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid
Chris H. (Guest)
I have this ajax form  that could be disaplyed multiple times on the
page:
If it is displayed multiple times when i do the ajax submit I get  those
same fields submitted.  Is there a way to differentiate between them
all?

<% fields_for :site do |f|%>
    <%= f.text_field "company",'', :size => '6' %>
    <%= f.text_field "Customer",'', :size => '6' %>
    <%= hidden_field_tag 'companyid','', :value => @company.id %>
    <%= submit_to_remote 'addsite','Add Site', :url => { :controller =>
'addsites', :action => 'addsitetomop', :id=> @mop }%>

<% end %>

In firebug this is what it looks like:

site[Customer]
site[Customer]
site[company]
site[company]
.

If I do a "button_to_function  remote_function" is there a way to send
the
text fields values across?