publisher_id
auther_id
storage_id
[model]
belongs_to :storage
belongs_to :auther
belongs_to :publisher
belongs_to category

My problem is on however to have multiple models in one view. I was
able to use form_tag togather data form all models except book. How
could I get this resolved is my concern? I know that this is a new
bie's kind of question, but I crave for your understand.

Emeka
Eric (Guest)
> My problem is on however to have multiple models in one view. I was
> able to use form_tag togather data form all models except book. How
> could I get this resolved is my concern? I know that this is a new
> bie's kind of question, but I crave for your understand.

You'll want to look at fields_for. Watch the "Complex Forms" trilogy
of Railscasts from a couple years ago.

-eric
Lewis O. (Guest)
Have it already but I am still not able to get my head around it.
gundestrup (Guest)
exactly what are you missing.
What is your problem.
A form problem is a very broad formulation...

regards
svend
Lewis O. (Guest)
This is what I am missing, how to include the ids of the models that
"has_many" of book model while saving. How to make four ids along with
the
book data.

Regards,
Emeka
gundestrup (Guest)
http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2007/01/05/revi...

read and do this introductions.
As you can see, when you create a book, you collect the ids form the
other models, and then save them in the book model.
Lewis O. (Guest)
if request.post?
     @author = Author.new(params[:author_name])
    @publisher = Publisher.check_this(params[:publisher_name])