Forum: RSpec Plugin to generate text logs using cucumber.

Anil G. (Guest)
I was able to run the scenarios using rake features in cucmber,
All the respective results are displayed in colour in std output.

is there any plugin using which i can capture these results(that are
generated at run time).
Please let me know the procedure to capture these logs in to a files.
Ben L. (Guest)
On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 7:22 PM, Anil G. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> Hi,
> I was able to run the scenarios using rake features in cucmber,
> All the respective results are displayed in colour in std output.
>
> is there any plugin using which i can capture these results(that are
> generated at run time).
> Please let me know the procedure to capture these logs in to a files.

cucumber features -o FILE

Where FILE is the name of the file to redirect the output to.

Ben
Ben M. (Guest)
Ben L. wrote:

> cucumber features -o FILE
>
> Where FILE is the name of the file to redirect the output to.
>
> Ben

You will probably not want the color so you can use the --no-color
flag.  FYI, you can specify multiple formatters if you need to.
"cucumber --help" for more.

Ben M.
Anil G. (Guest)
on 2009-05-07 17:46
Hi
Thanks for information.
It helped me a lot.
bascically using cucumber framework(using stdoutput) i want to capture
Failed testcase along with log and passed testcasenames.
Is there any plugin supported by cucumber ?
atleast to generated xml of html or text log for passed and failed
testcase.

Because --o FILENAME just write standout to the given file.