Forum: RSpec [rspec]spec_server: already initialized constant MyTestClass

Matt W. (Guest)
I'm creating a class in my spec file to test out a module, but when I
run the spec a second time in spec_server, I get the error above.

I presume this is because rails is un-loading the class, and it's not
getting re-loaded properly as it doesn't have its own file in the
conventional place.

Does anyone have a nice workaround for this?

cheers,
Matt W.
http://beta.songkick.com
http://blog.mattwynne.net
David C. (Guest)
On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 12:26 PM, Matt W. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> I'm creating a class in my spec file to test out a module, but when I run
> the spec a second time in spec_server, I get the error above.
>
> I presume this is because rails is un-loading the class, and it's not
> getting re-loaded properly as it doesn't have its own file in the
> conventional place.
>
> Does anyone have a nice workaround for this?

Judging from the silence, I think the answer is no.

There is some interesting stuff going on in other threads about spork.
Don't know if it solves this for you, but you may want to give it a
whirl.
Matt W. (Guest)
On 27 May 2009, at 09:26, David C. wrote:

>> Does anyone have a nice workaround for this?
>
> Judging from the silence, I think the answer is no.
>
> There is some interesting stuff going on in other threads about spork.
> Don't know if it solves this for you, but you may want to give it a
> whirl.

Actually you told me (some time ago) to upgrade to the latest version
of RSpec, as there is some bug-fix with spec_server. I still haven't
got around to doing that, but I'll feed back when I have.

Matt W.
http://blog.mattwynne.net
http://www.songkick.com
Scott T. (Guest)
David C. wrote:

Have you tried manually loading the file in the spec itself?

Scott
Matt W. (Guest)
On 27 May 2009, at 14:36, Scott T. wrote:

>>> getting re-loaded properly as it doesn't have its own file in the
>>> conventional place.
>>>
>>> Does anyone have a nice workaround for this?
>>>

> Have you tried manually loading the file in the spec itself?
>
> Scott

erm.... I create the class *in the spec* itself so not sure how I'd do
that. I think I might be better off using an anonymous type instead.

On May 27, 2009, at 4:59 PM, Matt W. wrote:

>> Have you tried manually loading the file in the spec itself?
>>
>> Scott
>
> erm.... I create the class *in the spec* itself so not sure how I'd
> do that. I think I might be better off using an anonymous type
> instead.

Is it some sort of class only used for testing behaviour inherited
from AR::Base?

Scott
Matt W. (Guest)
On 27 May 2009, at 22:03, Scott T. wrote:

> Is it some sort of class only used for testing behaviour inherited
> from AR::Base?
>
> Scott

Doesn't inherit from AR::Base I don't think - why?

Matt W.
http://blog.mattwynne.net
http://www.songkick.com