Forum: wxRuby WxRuby GUI doesn't look native

unknown (Guest)

Recently, I switched from Tk to WxRuby, because it comes as a gem, and
doesn't require an extra program.  Over the past couple of days, I've
been
playing with it, (on Windows XP) and notices that none of the buttons or
gauges or anything look native.  I downloaded
wxruby-2.0.0-x86-mswin32-60.gem, with Ruby 1.8.  What is causing this?

Thanks,
Jonah
Alex F. (Guest)
Hi Jonah

> * Recently, I switched from Tk to WxRuby, because it comes as a gem,
> and doesn't require an extra program.  Over the past couple of days,
> I've been playing with it, (on Windows XP) and notices that none of
> the buttons or gauges or anything look native.  I downloaded
> wxruby-2.0.0-x86-mswin32-60.gem, with Ruby 1.8.  What is causing this?*

Does this help? :

http://rubyonwindows.blogspot.com/2007/10/windows-...

(referenced here: http://wxruby.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?Installation)

alex