Forum: JRuby Fwd: [Phoenix Ruby Group] JRuby on Rails (Consultant)

Logan B. (Guest)
This was posted to our local user group's mailing list. The
requirements don't seem possible, but at least you have folks looking
for JRuby devs!

Logan B.
removed_email_address@domain.invalid
http://www.logustus.com

Begin forwarded message:
Jay McGaffigan (Guest)
nice... does this mean they are looking for you charles?  Is Jruby
even 6+ years old ? :P

Jay McGaffigan wrote:
> nice... does this mean they are looking for you charles?  Is Jruby
> even 6+ years old ? :P

Haha. Right. Especially the Oracle backend bit. As I recall we got that
working a little more than 18 months ago.

Cheers
>> Date: April 30, 2009 9:21:00 AM GMT-07:00
>> places technology professionals.
>> fast paced, Ruby on Rails guru for a contract position to work in a
>> ·         8-10 years of total experience as a professional software
>>
>> Contact No.:
>> Thanks & Regards,
>> The Phoenix Ruby U. Group meets on the 2nd Monday of each month at the

 Ola B. (http://olabini.com)
 Ioke creator (http://ioke.org)
 JRuby Core Developer (http://jruby.org)
 Developer, ThoughtWorks Studios (http://studios.thoughtworks.com)
 Practical JRuby on Rails (http://apress.com/book/view/9781590598818)

Reminds me of a Dilbert strip from many years ago where Catbert refused
to give Dilbert a raise because he didn't have 10 years of experience
with Java...

Jay McGaffigan wrote:
> nice... does this mean they are looking for you charles?  Is Jruby
> even 6+ years old ? :P

Of the current committers, I think only Tom would qualify as having been
involved in JRuby for 6+ years; I didn't join the project until 2004.

And of course like Ola said, Oracle's only been working for less than
two years, and Rails first routed basic requests in 2006. So yeah, all
told it's a pretty impossible requirement.

But it's certainly entertaining to see these postings :)

- Charlie