Forum: Ruby on Rails Restful_authentication doesn't work in Rails 2.3.2

Sam K. (Guest)

I'm using restful_authentication on rails 2.3.2.
It works find on my local machine which has passenger 2.1.2.
But it doesn't work on the web hosting server (DreamHost) which may have
lower version of passenger.
The problem is session[:user_id] is not reserved while redirecting.

Is this an incompatibility issue between rails 2.3.2 and passenger?
If so, is there a workaround other than upgrading passenger?
(I've already asked DreamHost to upgrade passenger but it will take
time.)

Thanks.

Sam
Matt J. (Guest)
Yep, you're seeing an incompatibility - I think 2.1.2 was the first
version of Passenger that worked with Rails 2.3.2.

--Matt J.
Sam K. (Guest)
on 2009-05-02 02:53
Matt J. wrote:
> Yep, you're seeing an incompatibility - I think 2.1.2 was the first
> version of Passenger that worked with Rails 2.3.2.
>
> --Matt J.

Yes, you're right.
I complained to DreamHost and surprisingly they moved my account to a
newer server which has Passenger 2.2.1.

Thanks.

Sam