Forum: RSpec Partitioning Specs

Nicholas Van W. (Guest)
I installed Restful Authentication and it placed a lot of specs and
features
in cucumber and rspec directories.

Is there a way frameworks can partition there tests so that "rake spec"
doesn't run all their tests?

I've actually switched to authlogic because of this, but was curious.

Thanks,
Nick
Ben L. (Guest)
On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 3:00 PM, Nicholas Van W. <

> Nick

Take a look at tags:

http://wiki.github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber/tags

Regards,
Ben
Nicholas Van W. (Guest)
I saw that a couple of days ago- very nice. Will that be added to RSpec?
Also, I suppose I'd have to add tags to the framework myself unless they
included it.

Thanks,
Nick
David C. (Guest)
On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 9:33 AM, Nicholas Van W.
> I saw that a couple of days ago- very nice. Will that be added to RSpec?

Sooner or later, yes, but it will be managed through the hash passed
to the declarations:

describe "something", :tags => [:a,:b] do
  it "does something", :tags > [:c] do

etc

You can already access that options hash in custom formatters, so you
can use this to control reporting. Next step is to use it to control
what actually gets run. But this won't be right away.
Ben L. (Guest)
On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 3:33 PM, Nicholas Van W. <

>>> I've actually switched to authlogic because of this, but was curious.
>> Ben

Oops, I have my labels mixed up in Gmail. My apologies I thought I was
responding to a cucumber related question.

Ignore me!
Nicholas Van W. (Guest)
Sounds good.
So I could start tagging now, and be forward compatible.

Is there or will there be the equivalent of cucumber.yml for rspec?

Thanks,
Nick
David C. (Guest)
On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 10:09 AM, Nicholas Van W.
> Sounds good.
> So I could start tagging now, and be forward compatible.
> Is there or will there be the equivalent of cucumber.yml for rspec?

There isn't now. Another thing on the someday list.