Forum: Ruby preprocessing ruby gems in ruby1.9

botp (Guest)
i notice that almost all pre 1.9 gems wont compile in ruby1.9 because
of the ff error (or something like it),

: error: ‘struct RArray’ has no member named ‘len’
: error: ‘struct RArray’ has no member named ‘ptr’

the typical solution i do is outlined here
http://frozenplague.net/2009/01/ruby-191-rubygems-...,
and it works 100% on my case (glad hasn't failed yet).

can this solution be handled by the rubygem preprocessor? maybe,
signal a flag of some sort, or do a best-effort processing of some
sort ?...

kind regards -botp
Eric H. (Guest)
On Apr 29, 2009, at 17:03, botp wrote:

> can this solution be handled by the rubygem preprocessor? maybe,
> signal a flag of some sort, or do a best-effort processing of some
> sort ?...

You could probably write a RubyGems plugin to do it using the
pre_install hook.