Forum: Ruby If error occurs should not copy again from the beginning

Newb N. (Guest)
on 2009-04-29 10:26
Hi..
I try to copy folders recursively..

 my_dir = Dir.glob( Dir.glob("#{@source}/**/*")

 my_dir.each do |f|
   File.copy(f,@@dest)
 end

For example @source = e:/test_dir
If that test_dir has 10 files.if some error occurs while copying a 4th
file,Again copying of the file should not continue from 1st file to 10th
file again.
     If that 4 th file not copied due to any errors it should continue
copying from 5 th file and so on...

I think using arrray index might do the trick.
Any ideas
Thanks
Heesob P. (Guest)

2009/4/29 Newb N. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:
> If that test_dir has 10 files.if some error occurs while copying a 4th
> file,Again copying of the file should not continue from 1st file to 10th
> file again.
>     If that 4 th file not copied due to any errors it should continue
> copying from 5 th file and so on...
>
> I think using arrray index might do the trick.
> Any ideas
> Thanks

my_dir.each do |f|
  begin
  FileUtils.copy(f,@@dest)
  rescue
       # some error handling

Or

my_dir.each do |f|
  FileUtils.copy(f,@@dest) rescue nil
end

Regards,

Park H.
7stud -. (Guest)
on 2009-04-29 10:59
Newb N. wrote:
> Hi..
> I try to copy folders recursively..
>
>  my_dir = Dir.glob( Dir.glob("#{@source}/**/*")
>
>  my_dir.each do |f|
>    File.copy(f,@@dest)
>  end
>
> For example @source = e:/test_dir
> If that test_dir has 10 files.if some error occurs while copying a 4th
> file,Again copying of the file should not continue from 1st file to 10th
> file again.
>      If that 4 th file not copied due to any errors it should continue
> copying from 5 th file and so on...
>
> I think using arrray index might do the trick.
> Any ideas
> Thanks

10.times do |i|
  begin