Forum: GNU Radio installation of GNU Radio on windows using minGW and MSYS

Zainab Q. (Guest)
I have installed gnuradio on windows xp using the steps given on the
gnuradio wesbite. Those were quite helpful. I am getting this when i
configure gnuradio.

The following components were skipped either because you asked not
to build them or they didn't pass configuration checks:

usrp
gr-usrp
gr-audio-alsa
gr-audio-jack
gr-audio-oss
gr-audio-osx
gr-comedi
gr-gpio
gr-radar-mono
gr-video-sdl
gr-sounder
gr-utils

These components will not be built.

The ones highlighted with yellow should not appear. Most of all USRP
should
not appear here. How to fix this?
Patrick S. (Guest)
Zainab Q. wrote am 2009-04-28 19:14:
> I have installed gnuradio on windows xp using the steps given on the
> gnuradio wesbite. Those were quite helpful. I am getting this when i
> configure gnuradio.

Please read
   http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/ReportingErrors

Especially read
   Things to try before asking questions on the mailing list
and
   I've done everything above, and I still have a question. How do I ask
it?

Read the output of your commands carefully. The build tools give you a
minimum of information to solve your problems.

And please do not post HTML-mail. Readers without HTML will not see any
yellow words you are referring to.

I do not want to send you away, but the things you are asking are no
problems that require special GNU Radio knowledge or can not be be
solved by reading the docs from the wiki. We expect you to do you
homework before asking questions.

@others: Are the docs missing some crucial information or somehow
misleading? It seems they can be improved, as still people are asking
help for quite basic things. Maybe it's just the ordering and structure
of some docs or outputs...

Patrick
Patrick S. <patrick dot strasser at student dot tugraz dot at>