Forum: Ruby on Rails Complex relationships

DVG (Guest)
Currently, I have 3 models
User
Group
Permission

Users and Groups have a HABTM relationship and Groups and Permissions
have a HABTM relationship.

For purposes of authorization, I need to know if a user belongs to a
particular group that has a particlar permission to determine if they
can perform an operation.

What's the best way to go about this?
Chris S. (Guest)
On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 10:10 AM, DVG <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> particular group that has a particlar permission to determine if they
> can perform an operation.

Have the user ask its groups if any of them have the permission in
question:

target_permission = Permission.find(...)
user.groups.any? do |group|
  group.permissions.include?(target_permission)}