Forum: Ruby-Gnome 2 Ruby 1.9.1 compatibility, again

Daniel L. (Guest)
Hi all,

this patch against svn head allowed me to build Ruby-GNOME2 with Ruby
1.9.1. I have played around with it a bit in irb - simple windows and
buttons and stuff - and it seems to work.

Is that likely to be it, or are there more subtle failures lurking?

thanks,
Dan

In <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
  "[ruby-gnome2-devel-en] Ruby 1.9.1 compatibility, again" on Mon, 27
Apr 2009 17:41:21 +0100,
  Daniel L. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> this patch against svn head allowed me to build Ruby-GNOME2 with Ruby
> 1.9.1. I have played around with it a bit in irb - simple windows and
> buttons and stuff - and it seems to work.

I can build without the patch. Could you show your build log
without the patch?

You may need to re-run extconf.rb to define correct HAVE_*
macros.

I used "ruby 1.9.1p0 (2009-01-30 revision 21907) [x86_64-linux]"
on Debian GNU/Linux sid.

kou
Daniel L. (Guest)
> You may need to re-run extconf.rb to define correct HAVE_*
> macros.
>
> I used "ruby 1.9.1p0 (2009-01-30 revision 21907) [x86_64-linux]"
> on Debian GNU/Linux sid.

OK I just tried with that revision of Ruby 1.9.1 and it built fine.
When I get back into work I'll see what version I was using there,
check the extconf thing, and send in the output if it's still bad.

thanks,
Dan
Daniel Benjamin Lucraft

www.daniellucraft.com/blog