Forum: Ruby on Rails Does anybody have an example of using Google Analytics to track unique pages?

InventoryTrackers (Guest)
I posted two days ago asking how this group tracks their traffic and
received the reply "Google Analytics?"

I Googled on "Rails Analytics" and have gone about 20 pages back
without finding any explanations of how one installs and implements
this into their code.

I own most Rails books and find no mention of this in their indexes.

Could someone share what the code looks like when they are looking to
understand how often a SHOW action is performed on a particular
record?

Or just how this is installed in a generic Rails application.

Thank you,
David
Hassan S. (Guest)
On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 2:34 PM, InventoryTrackers

> I posted two days ago asking how this group tracks their traffic and
> received the reply "Google Analytics?"
>
> I Googled on "Rails Analytics" and have gone about 20 pages back
> without finding any explanations of how one installs and implements
> this into their code.

?! Uh, yeah. It's actually "Google Analytics": the name of the product
(used to be called Urchin 'til Google bought the company).

And it just involves sticking a snippet of JavaScript in your pages. It
may or may not be what you're looking for, but it's free for the basic
functionality, so...

HTH,