Forum: Ruby gem tcp port?

unknown (Guest)
I'm using ruby on a machine behind a severely locked down firewall
where all ports are closed by default, and I only open the ones I will
need.

What port does gem run through please?

Steve
Aaron P. (Guest)
On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 04:20:04AM +0900,
> Hi,
> I'm using ruby on a machine behind a severely locked down firewall
> where all ports are closed by default, and I only open the ones I will
> need.
>
> What port does gem run through please?

Port 80
Eric H. (Guest)
On Apr 26, 2009, at 14:40, Aaron P. wrote:
> Port 80
And, it only downloads via port 80, it doesn't open any ports by
default.

You can run `gem server` which will listen on 8808, but usually this
is only for use on the local machine.