Forum: Ruby Ruby Use

jwkh (Guest)
I'm JUST beginning my study of Ruby, and I still have a really long way
go.  (That's why my questions are what they are...)

I was wondering if anyone uses Ruby "outside" the Web development/
maintenance "environment?"  If so, in what way?

Thanks,

jwkh

jwkhead<at>gmail[dot]com
Suresh K. (Guest)
on 2009-04-26 18:25
Posted by jwkh (Guest) on 26.04.2009 15:15
>>  wondering if anyone uses Ruby "outside" the Web development/

Ruby is a better language - according to me (with my limited knowledge)
-
than perl and python.  It can do almost everything what perl and python
can
do.

If you want to know more about the  capabilities of Ruby, apart from Web
developments, please make  a visit at RubyForge. If you are serious
about learning ruby,  you will find programming is fun with this
classic,
versatile language

Google will help you further to know more about ruby and its
multipurpose
strength

Learn Ruby and be productive. Best of luck
Bosko I. (Guest)
On Apr 26, 3:14 pm, jwkh <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> jwkhead<at>gmail[dot]com
Check books: Ruby for System Administration and Everyday Scripting
with Ruby. You'll find lot of ways Ruby can be used apart from Web
development.

Regards,
Bosko
Adam G. (Guest)
on 2009-04-27 08:20
jwkh wrote:
> I'm JUST beginning my study of Ruby, and I still have a really long way
> go.  (That's why my questions are what they are...)
>
> I was wondering if anyone uses Ruby "outside" the Web development/
> maintenance "environment?"  If so, in what way?
>
> Thanks,
>
> jwkh
>

> jwkhead<at>gmail[dot]com

I'm using Ruby for game development, myself. Performance may not be that
high (compared to C, say), but development is fast and pretty smooth
sailing. A really good choice for retro 2D games or the ever popular
rapid-development contests like LD48.

- Adam
Your name here (Guest)
Thanks, all, for your responses.